YOU Control Your Destiny
February 28, 2021
The day you “REALIZE” the fact that YOU control your destiny by the choices YOU make, is the day you start taking control of your life. I am going to throw a list of questions at you and let you reflect on your answers. Now, some of these questions might not be applicable to you at all, which is good. BUT, if one or more of these questions strikes a nerve when you read them, then you may have some work to do.
Look at each question and then decide what is important to YOU.
Your life is not a dress rehearsal.
You’ve got one shot at it, so try and make it your BEST SHOT.
- Why do you waste time?
- Why don’t you rest more?
- Why don’t you eat better?
- Why do you procrastinate?
- Why don’t you laugh more?
- Why don’t you forgive more?
- Why don’t you exercise more?
- Why aren’t you more efficient?
- Why are you so critical of others?
- Why don’t you save more money?
- Why do you waste time listening to gossip?
- Why don’t you take more time for yourself?
- Why are you sometimes or all the time … late?
- Why don’t you say what you are really feeling?
- Why do you put so much pressure on yourself?
- Why do you spend more money than you should?
- Why do you sometimes or always doubt yourself?
- Why are you sometimes or always in a bad mood?
- Why do you stay in a job or relationship you hate?
- Why do you say yes when you really want to say no?
- Why don’t you spend more time with the ones you love?
- Why don’t you treat everyone with the same respect you want?
- Why don’t you read something every day that will make you better?
- Why don’t you tell the people you care about that you care about them?
The REALITY OF YOUR ANSWER to each question is very telling. If the answer to any one of the questions is because YOU have chosen to do so … then YOU can change it. Quit blaming others for what YOU HAVE CHOSEN. You have probably heard what I am getting ready to say hundreds of times, but I think it is very appropriate to bring it up again right now. Today is the first day of the rest of your life.
So, how are you NOW going to approach “your first day” with all that you have just read.
"Your only true security in life
is your ability to perform."